Thursday, September 20, 2012

Temple Trip

Been a hectic week this week. I think I may be getting back on track.... I hope. The temple trip wasn't what I had hoped, but it was still amazing and beautiful and, even still, I am SOOOO glad that I went. It started out with me realizing an hour out that I had forgotten my temple recommend. REALLY?! The one thing you need to get into the temple and I forget it? Go figure! I still blame it on the twins. So I had to sit in the lobby area until Lee found our bishop, who was in the middle of a session, for him to okay my entry into the temple. An hour and a half later, after we missed our own session and our friends' sealing, I am finally able to go in. Bummer... I missed it all... But I still was able to go in and feel the spirit surround me. I may not have been able to stay in long, because It was time for me to pick up Jaren and Olivia while the youth went in to do baptisms, but it was still amazing. The main thing that made it ALL worth it, there were more than one, was Lee baptizing Kaleb for his dad. I hate that I wasn't able to see it, and I missed Kaleb's first time in the temple - other than when he was sealed to me and Lee - but I'm so proud of them for doing something so amazing and giving Lee's father a chance to learn the gospel. Even if I didn't make it in the temple at all, that was totally worth the 3 and half hour drive. Even still, Jaren and I walked around the grounds outside and it was beautiful. He, of course, had to say hi to all the sprinklers that were poking out of the ground. He loves sprinklers! Too bad we forgot the camera as well... sigh
Portland Temple
Morning sickness, or all day sickness, has definitely kicked in. I'm already growing out of all my clothes and I'm not even 10 weeks yet!! Will be on Saturday though! I have forever to go! I've only gained 5 pounds, though I thought it was a lot more because of my huge belly. I look like I'm 4 months pregnant already! I fear for my poor, tiny body... Okay, not so much, I fear more for the poor babies that have to live in there. They are going to run out of room fast! My book says I need to gain practically all my 50 lbs in the first two trimesters because I won't be able to eat much in the third. There won't be any room to put the food anymore. Geez!! That's a lot of weight in such a short time. It also says I need to eat every two hours... now that I can do! Especially now that I'm eating breads again! I was having the hardest time eating when I was doing the gluten free thing because it's just so hard to find anything to eat. So I said a little prayer and felt that it would be OK if I ate some cheesy bread with tomato soup. So far everything seems to be working properly, other than the fact the morning sickness is still making it hard to eat. Lee stole my cookie last night because he thought it would be a waste if I ate it since I could lose it later, which, I'm sure, was just an excuse to eat me cookie. You don't steal food from a pregnant chick!! I told him he needs to get me a whole pack of cookies now so I can have some cookies and milk... It's been so long since I've had cookies and milk!

I have my first appointment with my doctor next week. Dreading and looking forward to it at the same time. I just want to hear (or see) two healthy heartbeats. I don't think I have anything to worry about, things seem to be going smoothly, but I love the reassurance that they're both there and growing well. I really hope he schedules an ultrasound when I see him. I have heard that I will have a LOT of ultrasounds so they can constantly keep an eye on how well both babies are growing. Thursday can't get here soon enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment