Thursday, September 13, 2012

First Pukefest

I have felt nauseated for weeks, but I hadn't thrown up yet. I was so proud of myself, hoping that I could just skip it all this pregnancy. Ha! Fat chance! Who was I kidding?! I woke up, got dressed and as soon as I walked into the kitchen, I had to run to the sink. Here I am throwing up in the kitchen sink (luckily the garbage disposal side was empty) and my youngest, Jaren, pulls up a stool and watches with fascination. Well, as soon as I'm done, he scoots his little stool over where I was standing and leans over the sink to 'puke' in it himself. He was 'arghhing' like he was really tossing his biscuits, then he stands up straight and wipes his mouth with the back of his hand. I couldn't help but bust out laughing. They really do learn from watching, don't they?

video
He was doing it more before I brought out the phone to record him.


As far as symptoms go this time around, they don't seem to be all that different than my previous pregnancies. I read that they would be more enhanced because I'm carrying two, but I haven't noticed anything different other than how tired I am. I wake up around 7am, try to take a two hour nap when Jaren goes down around 12:30, and I still practically pass out on the couch at 10pm. I can't function unless I take that nap. My body sure needs its rest! I suppose I understand since it's trying to care for, not one, but two raspberries! I say raspberries because that's their size in the 8th week. I'm 8 weeks and 5 days today. I have a long way to go!!

On another note, I captured a cute picture of Jaren today. He only gets his mubu (what we call his binky, short for mute button) for naps and bedtime. Every now and then he will sneak upstairs during the day to get it out of his crib. So this morning, he sneaks upstairs, is only gone for about 2 minutes and came back down looking like this..... I thought it was so cute that I had to share!

Cool dude!

No comments:

Post a Comment