Monday, September 10, 2012

Meet the Family!

Might as well start off with an introduction into our little - or big?- family!

Lee and I met when I was four. After a long time of figuring things out and going astray, we finally realized that there wasn't any denying of the fact that we were doomed - meant! - to be together. We were married when I was 23. We have now been married for 7 years! When he married me, I came with two lil' brats, as well. I know, surprisingly he still took us in... or maybe it's the other way around? ;-)


Our oldest is Kaleb. He's your typical twelve year old boy who thinks he runs the world. Seriously, though, he's a good kid. He's helpful and thoughtful and extremely smart. He's playing football this year and is really excited about it. Good thing since he's so into video games. He also enjoys playing basketball and hanging out with friends. He's enjoying the beginning of 7th grade in a new town and new school!

Kaleb at 12 years old!


Olivia is next! She's 10 years old and is in the 5th grade. She can be such a sweet little girl, but can also be a little diva as well. She loves to sing, dance, and pretty much do things that girls like to do. She loves to play with friends, as well, and is really loving her new school. She's a good helper with the youngest one, which is definitely a really good thing! She, for the most part, LOVES being a big sister.

Olivia at 10 years old!

Jaren is the youngest... for now. He has brought so much joy into this family! He brightens up all of our lives with his silly grin and innocence. He is such a smart little boy who is independent and extremely observant. Nothing gets by him. He hears and notices things way before I do. Definitely gets that from his poppy. He can be a  handful, but he's an amazing handful! I am amazed at how intelligent this boy is, and he's not even 2 yet!


Jaren at 20 months
These are our amazing children! We love them all so much and we're so excited to share our lives with them. I want this blog to be about our upcoming journey and the excitement of our family.

Lee and I planned on having one more child and then we were done. Well, about two weeks ago I found out that I was pregnant with number 4! We were excited and thrilled to finally be completing our family. I ended up having a little spotting which started to freak me out because I had never experienced it with the other 3 pregnancies. Of course, being emotional and pregnant, I think the absolute worst. I called the doctor the very next day. They had me come in to check my hCG levels and then, if they were high enough, they were going to schedule an ultrasound. They took my blood and sent me on my way. About two hours later I get a call from the nurse and she said in a strange way, "Well, your hCG levels are definitely high enough for an ultrasound!" I was extremely relieved and a little confused of the tone of her voice because she made it sound like it was way higher than it should have been. She went on to tell me that I got lucky and they scheduled me an ultrasound in about 45 minutes.

I quickly got ready and headed in. I was still nervous that I would go in and they would find something wrong with the baby, or, even worse, no heartbeat. What a shock it was when I heard the nurse ask, "So... do twins run in your family?"
I immediately freaked and asked, "Why?!"


So on September 4th we got the surprise of our lives! Two babies! Twins! I'm still in complete shock and have no idea what to do. I NEVER imagined having 5 kids, but it looks like I was meant to be a mother of 5! I'm super excited and scared to death all at the same time. I went in to that ultrasound scared to death that I wouldn't see a heartbeat only to see two strong heartbeats instead. I was 7 weeks and 3d ays at the time, but they both measured in at 8 weeks. The doctor said they're looking great! They couldn't figure out why I was spotting. Since then, the spotting as stopped and my stomach and symptoms have grown. I only have one word for this entire situation, really... CRAZINESS!!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment