Tuesday, September 11, 2012

SURPRISE!!!

I'm still trying to play catch-up. So now I want to share the rest of the day that I found out I was having twins.

I made it home and showed the pictures to Kaleb and Olivia. Olivia was oooing and aaaaing at the little blobs and Kaleb finally noticed (after I hinted that they should read what is on the pictures) that there was a Baby A and a Baby B. He finally said, "There's two?!" Which caused Olivia to jump up and start screaming and celebrating. They both laughed and got really excited.

Luckily it wasn't too much longer before Lee would be coming home from work. We got the camera set up and hid, then we were waiting, very impatiently, for the sign that Lee was home so we could hit play and catch his reaction on video. Right at the time he was 'supposed' to be pulling in I recieved a message that he wouldn't be home for another 3 or so hours! I wanted to call him up and start screaming!

The kids offered to take me to Wendy's so that it would kill some time while I had to wait even longer for him to know that we were having TWINS! I kept thinking of all the things I would do to him for making me wait so long, but I made it.

Around 8:00pm he sent another message saying that he's on his way. The kids and I quickly get in our places. He shows up way sooner than I thought so we ended up rushing through the beginning, but here it is......


Needless to say, after an extremely long day at work, I'm sure it was the last thing that he expected. Some surprise! It took him a long time to get over the shock, I don't think either of us are over the shock yet, but we're extremely excited to welcome the twins into our family. I think we worry more about the pregnancy than them actually being here. I tend to go early, did with all my kids, so I'm scared that I won't be able to hold them as long as I should. I hope and pray everyday that they will continue to grow to be strong and healthy. The twins will complete our eternal family.

No comments:

Post a Comment