Monday, January 14, 2013

26 Week Update

As of today I'm 26 weeks, 2 days pregnant with the twins! We're getting there! If they come like Olivia and Jaren then I have 9 weeks left. No telling if they'll come sooner or later though. The boys look great! Our last weigh in was at 24 weeks, 4 days and they were still measuring a week ahead, weighing in at 1lb 14 oz each. Gonna be big boys! They're definitely over 2lbs by now. Then they were both breech, but I had a feeling that they both moved. One day there was some crazy movements going on in there and I swear I felt Bryson flip. Not to mention the shape of my stomach looked completely different afterward. And after that I couldn't feel Caiden in the same place as before either. He wasn't beating up my ribs as often. I was starting to get worried about him. Well, the doctor did his quick ultrasound today at my appointment and, sure enough, Bryson is head down. He said Caiden looked mostly head down as well, but kinda sideways... He said he was having a hard time figuring Caiden out. It even took him a few minutes to find his heart, which scared me to death since I wasn't sure if I was feeling him much lately, but he found it and he's just fine! Whew! Just trying to scare mom half to death is all.

My contractions have gotten worse. There were around 3 times that I almost called the doctor, but waited. Friday night I was having contractions every 5 minutes for about an hour. I drank tons of water, which didn't change anything, then I soaked in the bath, which slowed them down to about 15 to 20 minutes. So I ended up not having to call. Yay! Saturday and Sunday evenings were similar, ranged from anywhere between 7 to 12 minutes. But they were pretty sporadic, so I dealt with them. Figured I'd bring them up at my appointment today. I was glad to have my OB back today since my last two appointments were with someone else. Really like him! He did a fetal fibronectin test to see if there was a chance of me going into labor in the next two weeks. Haven't gotten the results back yet, but I think we're safe. Cervix is still thick and everything, but he said there's no telling when that could change because of all the contractions. He said that I have a cranky uterus and, for now, everything looks fine. I asked him how I'm supposed to know when to call, and he said that if I'm having my 5-10 minute contractions and after water and laying down doesn't seem to help them go away, then to call him. Better safe than sorry, he said. Glad he won't get annoyed with me because I'm sure it's only going to get worse. He told me to become a couch potato and take it super easy. He didn't say bed rest, yet, so that's good.

The contractions suck, but not really painfully yet. They take my breath away and I'm starting to feel the dull ache in my back, which is why this weekend I was so nervous. Pelvic pain is still there. Hard to roll over in bed or put pants on, but I can still walk around and be fine. Exhaustion is still ruling my life, but I'm taking it pretty easy most days. Overall I suppose I'm doing well considering... Oh, and walking too far makes me feel like I ran a marathon. Heck, I've gained 38lbs, so what do you expect? Haha. Eating is getting difficult because I'm pretty much out of room in there, so I have to eat many small meals a day. Heartburn is a nightmare too. I'm sure I could gripe for hours, but I'm doing well and I'm still moving around, so I'm good! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment